Krank Golf Player Reps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over coming objections/Price objections

4 posters

Go down

Over coming objections/Price objections Empty Over coming objections/Price objections

Post by ElementalOutfitters Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:43 pm

I've performed a handful of Demos now and the biggest objection that I get is the price. Any ideas for over-coming this objection?

I understand that saying, "Krank isn't for everyone and you get what you pay for" (in a respectful and polite way mind you) and removing the club from the prospect can work but it hasn't yet.

Any ideas, tips on moving these beasts?
ElementalOutfitters
ElementalOutfitters

Back to top Go down

Over coming objections/Price objections Empty Re: Over coming objections/Price objections

Post by Krank-Joe Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:25 pm

I saw your question and wanted to chime in. I sell 40+ drivers a month sight unseen for Krank and you're right, that is the most common objection. What I like to do is remind them that the shaft upgrade is included in the price they're paying. A custom fitted shaft is typically $300+ (show them what we charge for the shafts on our website: http://www.krankgolf.com/product-category/shafts/ ). Anyone who has ever invested in a custom fit club knows that they can easily spend anywhere from $500-$800 to get one and that's without a guarantee like the one we offer! When you break down the cost of the components (head $419, shaft $299) it makes it a little easier to see the value at the $549 price point. I learned a long time ago that for a deal to feel like a good one, both parties need to leave the table feeling like they stuck it to the other guy. Leave yourself some room. $549 is your bottom line so dont start there. Start at $600 and leave yourself some room to come down so they think they got more for their money. I hope this helps! Smile

Krank-Joe

Back to top Go down

Over coming objections/Price objections Empty Re: Over coming objections/Price objections

Post by GLENN Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:57 am

As a sales person, your approach should be to present value, not cost. Cost is ONLY ever an issue if it outweighs the perceived value.

That is the trick, establish the value of the club. If they hit one, feel it, and have success with it, that is typically enough for many golfers. That is a HUGE advantage you all have over the inside guys.

The walk away is powerful. The club is $599 on the website, but if you buy it now, you can save tax and $50 off that price, AND shipping if they take one from your bag. If they don't bite on that club and those savings, get their contact info! I can't stress enough how important that is. In fact, you SHOULD get their name, number and email BEFORE they hit it. if they don't buy from you at that price, pass on the info to our inside sales team, and let them get it done for you.

So farm we have had 2 reps provide leads, and Guess what? Both had sales made, and both earned their 50% commission. One fo the guys ended up buying a driver and FW Wood.

I can't stress enough how easy this would be if you would collect contact info, and then every week pass it to your rep.

If you get a few in the field, great! So far though, the overwhelming majority of player reps, have ZERO sales. You all know if you are putting the amount of time into it that you need to, BUT if you are putting time into it, and you have no sales to show for it, that is why.

Get the contact info, let them try the club, ask for the sale and if they say no, on to your referral partner.

THAT is the formula for success.

Krankl It Up!!

GLENN
Admin

https://kgplayerreps.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Post by apalmqu Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:40 pm

With all do respect, selling to inbound leads is a lot easier than selling to a cold "prospect" (loosely defined).  For my day job, I sell to our inbound leads all day long.  However, I am having the same problem as ElementalOutfitters.  I understand the thought process and theory behind going on the range and letting as many guys hit it as possible and try selling them on the benefits -- that part is not hard.  I'm just running into lots of resistance, even at the nicest practice facility and course within 50 miles.  Lots of the guys that COULD afford it and have spent serious money on golf seem to be put off and decline to even try the club.  I even go so far as to break that hard shell by friendly asking with a different approach.... most of the time, still no, yet slightly more annoyed.  Now the guys that could benefit from it, like the club, and are friendly generally don't fall into the same category as the ones that could afford it -- these guys WISH they could buy it, but it's out of their price range.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I'm just running through the steps that any salesman would and I'm just not getting anywhere.  I get Lance had hustled and moved lots of clubs during his days of starting up.  Being only a Player Rep, though, we don't have the same luxuries.  Our price point is $599 only, with a last resort of $549.  I haven't even gotten to the point yet where someone offers me less money and I simply have to decline the sale because it doesn't meet the MAP... I would like some advice from the gentlemen that have made their sales on the range to cold leads.  Not family/friends who will buy just because they're excited for your new venture.  Not the theory of what should work as sales 101. Any help is greatly appreciated, because apparently what I'm doing just isn't working... and I'm changing it up to see what gets better response.  We all want to move clubs, so if those guys that have sold could chime in on what's working in the field I (and apparently the majority of other reps) would greatly appreciate it!  Thank you

apalmqu

Back to top Go down

Post by ElementalOutfitters Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:10 pm

There is a lot of good info on here.

I understand the concept of Value, I've been in sales my entire life and done better than decent in every aspect and venue but with that being said, this is not the easiest sell for whatever reason(s)...I'm positive that there is a learning curve to this and I'll (we'll) get it down here pretty quick but its for sure a slow start.

I won the LD at a tournament this last Friday. It was the second year in a row that I've won the LD at this particular tournament and brought again some attention to Krank, and it helped that this time I was wearing a Krank polo and hat (no Krank bag as to mine was out of commission). So a few people asked to demo the club and they did.
Every single person that hit the club, about 6 people, hit it more accurate and further than than their own drivers...still zero sales. I went ahead and even got a little pushy given the fact that they all added no less than 10yds to their drive with better accuracy...My big fail was not getting phone number and email addresses, you have to have all of the above to submit a lead not 1 of the 2, both.
So that was a missed opportunity but I do have the means and connections to get in touch with every person that hit the club and I'm working on that now.

This Week: I've done 2 demos and I have another 3 planned for the weekend...I will be getting names, phone numbers, & email before they touch the club from now on and for the ones that I can't close down in a week, they'll get sent to you guys back at HQ to do work.

So to sum up. It sounds like a few of us aren't doing so well, yet...But several of us have the passion and motivation to sell clubs and the Krank name. I know that I will be selling a ton of these clubs in the near future. I have too many contacts to not be moving them (regardless of objections/excuses), just off to a slow start.

Thank you.
ElementalOutfitters
ElementalOutfitters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum